Monday, March 28, 2016

This Easter Season

A lot can change in three months, especially in the world of a nursing student, newlywed, and a 25 year old girl, who is becoming an adult. Adulting is hard, but I have to admit it is a lot more fun than being a child. Okay, both have their benefits, but I like the idea of being able to make a life of my own. I am still trying to figure out the whole adulting thing, but I have a strong support system behind me. Especially from my amazing husband, who is always there to pick me up when I am stressed out and even when I just need a hug. I think the only way I can survive adulting is with the help of my handsome husband.

Easter is on of my favorite holidays, because it is a time to reflect more on what my Savior has done for me, when he died for me all those years ago. This past week of nursing school was the hardest week of my life, and I do not think that I am exaggerating that statement. When you are struggling with anxiety and when you are trying to be confident all at the same time, it is a lot and  you are not sure where to turn for help. Lucky, I have a wonderful support system and I am able to rely on people to pick me up. Especially my Father in Heaven and my Savior. They are the ones that have blessed me with the support system that I have and that is the most important thing to me. That is what Easter is all about. I am learning that Easter is more than just remembering our Savior, but it is starting over for ourselves and about becoming better than we have been. 

Every morning I wake up and I want to be better. Not just for myself, but for Nick, for my future children, for my future patients, for my family on both sides, for my Father in Heaven, and for my Savior, who gave everything up for me. Easter is a time to decide what I want to do to be better and I can do that with my Savior by my side. 

I do not know if I will ever get the hang of being an adult, but Easter reminded me that it is a time for new beginnings and that I can be better. When I follow my Savior, He will lead me to my potential, my FULL potential. Not only that, but He will lead me to the potential that my Father in Heaven knows that I have. When I follow Him, I am safe. My husband reminded me this on Easter, well actually before a test, that it is Heavenly Father's plan, NOT my plan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment